A logo is a collaboration between the client and the designer, as it is the most important element of a brand. The logo presents the brand visually and makes the company communicate its core values to the public. Picking up custom logo design and DIY logo design is the most difficult decision to be taken by companies, as both have their pros and cons. You will get to know the pros and cons of both options. Hence this blog will make your decision easy for your business.
Purpose Of Logos
Logos play a vital role in representing the brand’s identity and making it different from one another. Logos are the first impression to grab customers’ attention towards the brand. An effective logo will always stand out differently in customers’ minds. It distinctively shapes your brand’s identity and represents how it is perceived. At the time of your brand growth, your identity will also grow worldwide so that your customers will get more familiar with the representation of that sign. A logo is an effective and creative way to convey your customers to your company without using words. Only a symbol is enough for the identity of a brand. A logo should be scalable to look exceptional on business cards and billboards.
Custom Logo Design Vs. DIY Logo Design
A custom designer has experience designing a logo effectively and can meet the brand’s brief of creating a logo. On the other hand, a DIY logo may be worthwhile, but it has no collision like a custom logo design. A DIY logo may not keep your brand standing out in a digital market. It may have a different level of versatility than a custom logo design; its utilization is limited in various mediums.
DIY Logo Design
Do It Yourself(DIY) logo design is the procedure of creating logos from online logo makers without hiring a custom logo designer. It is done by small businesses and brands who want to spend money on something other than experienced graphic designers. However, the results differ from custom logo design in terms of quality and creativity as compared to custom logo design. List down some of the pros and cons of DIY logo design.
- DIY logo design is cost-effective, as many online platforms are available where you can create your logo for free without hiring a custom logo designer.
- It is only applicable to businesses that are in their initial stage.
- DIY logo design is convenient to design from anywhere without keeping yourself waiting for the designer.
- You can do whatever changes and creativity you want in it.
- It gives quick results as you can see your design end immediately.
- It would help if you did not have to wait for a designer to do revisions.
- DIY logo platform gives you limited variations for creating your logo as they only provide selected templates and color palettes. In that case, you can’t make your logo effective.
- You may need more design in creating your logo as you are not experienced as a graphic designer.
- A custom logo design has enough skills to make a logo minimal and catchy.
- DIY logo design often has to face the poor quality of the logo with the absence of good color combos and low-quality resolution.
- Creating a high-quality logo is difficult without the assistance of a professional designer.
Custom Logo Design
Custom Logo design refers to creating a logo by an experienced logo designer. A skilled designer can accurately make the brand’s identity and conveys messages to customers effectively. A custom logo design is more reliable for businesses to make a lasting impression on customers. However, it is more expensive than a DIY logo design. List down some of the pros and cons of custom logo design:
- One of the biggest pros of custom logo design is its high quality. A custom designer can create an effective and functional logo with clear graphics.
- A custom logo design can create a unique and professional look in the logo that presents your brand most likely.
- Another pro is that experienced designers can customize changes to your specific needs and assure you to create a logo that meets your brand’s objectives.
- Custom logo design is more expensive than a DIY logo design.
- It is more time-consuming as you will have to put creativity on your own to make your logo effective.
- You have limited control over the creation process when working with a custom designer.
The importance of logo design for a business cannot be taken for granted. When looking forward to designing a logo, choosing either a custom logo design or a DIY logo design is crucial. Businesses should go for a custom logo design. It will be a more beneficial choice for the company’s identity. Conversely, if you don’t want your business to stand out from the targeted company, go for DIY logo design.